Monday, August 4, 2008

Technology...Love me Back


I love some new technology. I was reminded of this when I watched Wall Street this week and Gordon Gecko had this Robot that served drinks to his guests!  I always thought those robots were hilarious, even Rocky Balboa had one.

In spite of my love for the machines that add to my uber-convenient life; lately they haven't been loving me back.

Last week, i hit a curb with my wheel and now my car literally drives diagonally.  How do I know this? I know this because Courtney's car broke down on Friday.  I had to jump it off twice in a suit in 100 degree weather so that we could take it to the Lexus dealer.  We put the car seat in my car, so I drove the broken car to the dealership.  While driving, I noticed in my rearview mirror that, while Courtney was driving my car in a straight line, the car is tilted like 5 inches to the right! It's hard to explain in words, but it is a weird sight.  

For the rest of the weekend, we all shared the Jetta, which was kind of fun since we were literally crammed in there.  What was not fun was the fact that my car has black leather seats and one AC vent that doesn't work.  I'm pretty sure that I have been sweating nonstop since Friday.  

One benefit to being stuck inside all weekend was the fact that we finally got digital cable back! We had been doing without for some time in an effort to save money for the house, but in an obvious and shameless ploy to prepare for the upcoming football season starting in 2 weeks, I brought back the digital cable.  The nice men came and set everything up for us on Saturday, and kicked it on our couch while their intense sweat made a person-shaped stain.  All of this would have been worth it if the cable had actually worked! Charter cable reminded us of how much they suck.  Our DVR hasn't worked at all, half the channels never showed up until today, and now the sound doesn't work and we have to wait until Thursday for a another sweaty guy to come out and fix everything.  I know that on August 16 this will all be worth it, but right now i'm losing faith.

No comments: